We are part of a group of eCommerce startups founded by a team of ex-Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, McKinsey and BCGers. We're serial entrepreneurs and have collectively started over a dozen companies and have raised over USD$50M in funding across them.
We have employees globally and offices in Los Angeles, New York and Hong Kong. Founded 4 years ago, we have scaled to 8 digits in run rate revenues and are experiencing double digit growth year over year. We have developed several direct-to-consumer several brands and product lines across multiple industries including consumer electronics, home goods, and health & hygiene products.
We're on a rocket ship and expect to grow to USD$50M+ next year – lots of learning and growth opportunities available. We are looking for top tier talent - hard working, smart, and ambitious people - to join us on this journey.
About the role/Responsibilities
We are currently hiring Creative Strategists to manage the creative production process for our marketing team. As a Creative Strategist, you will be responsible for managing the entire video production and iteration process end-to-end, from concept to live testing on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Google Ads.
Creative Strategists are the storytellers behind each video ad. This person is creative and analytical: they must be able to communicate a clear message through short form video and determine the best ways to vary content for different audiences. They will utilize both video and written language to craft compelling stories out of raw footage. They work alongside an editor but should have a demonstrated proficiency with visual communication and pacing.
As a full-time Creative Strategist, you will be managing a portfolio of videos across multiple brands. You’re an individual who takes ownership of your work and excels at execution. You possess a high level of curiosity and are excited to create and test your hypothesis in real time. You are an integrative thinker with strong visual and/or copy writing skills. Being thoughtful, humble and flexible come naturally to you.
Here are some of the activities you would be expected to oversee or take part in:
• Participate end to end in the video creation life cycle, including the following: ideation, production, testing, and optimization
• Take existing raw footage and create rough edits based on desired messaging (for multiple audiences) • Concept structure and pacing for videos
• Write copy for each ad, including headlines and scripts
• Work with editors to complete your final vision for each ad
• Work closely with creative producers to uphold best execution of brand strategies
• Work closely with the paid media team in order to test creatives, gather data, and iterate on creatives
• Lead creative brainstorming sessions to develop and pitch new video ideas
• Write scripts that engage specific personas in an audience
• Construct short-term tests to obtain insights related to various ad variables
•Use relevant findings in performance data to help successfully execute long-term plans for improving account performance
• Collaborate with video editors to create cogent, effective, and attention-grabbing videos in alignment with account strategies
• Spearhead production (i.e. deciding necessary shots and directing talent) to obtain new creative assets for use in video ads
• Lead teams of editors, producers and copywriters to execute video concept ideas
• Lead strategy meetings with stakeholders for each brand and other strategists to understand business objectives, brand positioning and consumer needs
• Lead efforts to collect individual employees’ best practices for content production and support in creating trainings and documentation to make those best practices available to everyone
• Join a team of video/messaging/process innovators to develop new video formats
• 2+ years of working a creatively driven role such as Brand Management, Marketing, Advertising, or Video Production
• Copywriting experience
• A love to work in an environment that is ever changing
• Direct response marketing/sales experience
• Experience in short form branded content
• Demonstrated interest in digital media/online video
• The willingness and ability to learn fast
• The ability to hustle and go above and beyond
• Demonstrated leadership and initiative
• A bachelor’s degree or above
• Fluency in English (mandatory)
• Experience in entrepreneurship and startups, especially digital marketing and e-commerce
• Experience in a people / team management role
• Track record of excellence across academic, extracurricular, and professional activities
• Experience in video production for digital direct response advertising (e.g., Facebook Ads, YouTube Ads)
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional work ethic and highly optimistic
• Exceptional business acumen and problem-solving capabilities with demonstrated ability to think strategically as well as execute tactically
• Exceptional ability to manage stress and deal with multiple challenging and distinct projects in parallel
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
In return you will get
•An intellectually challenging role full of learning and growth opportunities
• Exposure to fast growing company and experienced serial entrepreneur founders
• Significant ownership and independence in how work is executed
• Excellent career growth potential
• Competitive compensation package